This refreshing salad combines watermelon, orzo, feta and basil and works perfectly as a side at summer cookouts. Serve alongside our Grilled Hot Dogs with Gourmet Toppings.
Watermelon Orzo Salad
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 cups fresh watermelon, seedless, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Stir in orzo and return to a boil. Cook until done, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain orzo and rinse under cold water. Allow to drain completely.
- Once orzo is cool, toss with remaining ingredients in a serving bowl.