Liven up your next side of rice with cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Pairs perfectly with our Coconut Chicken Chickpea Curry.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 teaspoon oil and salt and bring to a boil.
- Once the rice has begun to boil, reduce heat to low and cover for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep covered an additional 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil. Toss until completely mixed.